[Distutils] buildout: trying to test versions/develop interaction

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Tue Feb 26 00:12:21 CET 2008

Hi there,

I'm trying to write a test that tests the integration between the
'versions' line and the 'develop' line in [buildout]. My expectation is
to see the following behavior from buildout:

if I list a version explicitly in 'versions', and list that package
under 'develop', I expect it to pick the version listed in [versions]
and ignore the version under 'develop'.

To verify this behavior, I tried to write a test. Unfortunately the test
failed, and seems to be preferentially getting the version listed under
'develop'.

My work is on a branch;

svn+ssh://svn.zope.org/repos/main/zc.buildout/branches/faassen-develop

Incidentally, when I try running the tests on trunk (without my
additions) in Linux, I get a number of test failures. I wonder whether
this has anything to do with the Windows-compatibility changes that were
added a few days ago? (which I see in SVN)

Regards,

Martijn