[Distutils] bugfix for GUI.exe launcher

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Thu Jan 3 22:12:14 CET 2008

At 02:22 PM 1/3/2008 -0500, Alexander Michael wrote:
>I raised this issue in the beginning of December [1]_ but haven't
>received a response yet (nor have I seen it corrected in the SVN). I
>would like to see this corrected, but I was under the impression that
>bug reports for setuptools should be sent to the distutils-sig
>mailling list. Do you know how we should next proceed to get this

I've been having difficulty reproducing the error, so it's hard for
me to confirm that the patch fixes it.  If somebody wants to extend
their patch to include a test that fails on their system without the
patch but succeeds with it, I'd be happy to go ahead and include it.

See setuptools/tests/win_script_wrapper.txt for the existing test
code, which currently only covers the CLI wrapper, not the GUI one.