[Distutils] pypi and easy_install

Giampaolo Rodola' billiejoex at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 18:39:21 CET 2008

2008/1/16, Phillip J. Eby <pje at telecommunity.com>:

> >Are there chances to see this implemented?
>
> Are you volunteering?  :)  If so, then perhaps you can get a patch in
> for Python 2.6.

Uhm... why not? :-)
If someone could give me some pointers on nailing down the issue I
could give it a try (note: never seen distutils internals before).
My only concern is that it's not rare that patches provided by users
are often ignored and they remains stagnant on the Python bug tracker.
I just wouldn't spend time on that for nothing.