[Distutils] setuptools on jython

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Fri Jan 18 22:54:37 CET 2008

At 05:57 PM 1/12/2008 -0800, Philip Jenvey wrote:
>Attached is a simple patch to disable the zip_safe scan on Jython/
>IronPython. Maybe in the future we can use tokenize when all of the
>source code is present in an archive.

I've now incorporated comparable changes for bytecode scanning and
chmod in the trunk and 0.6 branches.  For various reasons (including
consistency of logging) I made somewhat more extensive revisions to
chmod usage than was in your patch.  I also implemented platform
detection a bit differently.  But the results should be the
same.  Please let me know if you have any further issues with
setuptools on Jython.  (I'm rather excited that it works there at all...)