[Distutils] pypi and easy_install

Giampaolo Rodola' billiejoex at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 21:21:32 CET 2008

As I suspected there's a bug in the current distutils code.
Steps to reproduce the problem:

1: Run "python setup.py sdist --formats=gztar,tar".
2. dist directory now contains "module.gztar" and "module.tar" files
as expected.
3: Run "python setup.py sdist --formats=tar,gztar".
4. dist directory now contains only "module.gztar" file because
"module.tar" has been overwritten when archive_util.make_tarball()
function was called for the second time.

I'll try to fix this while I'm working on the other issue.