[Distutils] Setuptools documentation

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 15:15:10 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 8:06 PM, Phillip J. Eby <pje at telecommunity.com>
wrote:

> At 06:56 PM 7/9/2008 +0200, Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven wrote:
>
>> -On [20080709 18:52], Phillip J. Eby (pje at telecommunity.com) wrote:
>> >The code is apparently correct here; the choice of example in the
>> >text is bad.  Patches welcome.
>>
>> Not meant disrespectful Phillip, but who will apply the patches? It has
>> been
>> obvious that you have had very little time lately and there's already a
>> few
>> patches in the issue tracker waiting for some TLC.
>>

> "lately" != "never again"
>
> My time at OSAF will probably end in November, and my book project (@
> thinkingthingsdone.com) will end sooner than that.
>
> Doesn't mean I might not still be pretty busy, but I won't be two jobs
> worth of busy forever.

You asked for some tests some time ago to reduce the amount of work for you
to review other people patches,
we did a sprint on the topic, and we were ready to continue this work, but
were waiting for feedback.

I think a quick look on our brz branch would take less than 10 mn,

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~setuptools/setuptools-test/main/files  (all
text files in setuptools/tests)

Just to say if it is the right direction. That would motivate us to continue
our work until you can dedicate some
time on setuptools project again.

Regards,

Tarek