[Distutils] [zc.buildout] confusion from "work on a package" section

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Jul 15 22:19:39 CEST 2008

On Jul 15, 2008, at 4:08 PM, Chris Withers wrote:

> Reading:
>
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/zc.buildout/1.0.6#work-on-a-package
>
> ...again.
>
> Can someone walk me through like the idiot I feel right now why
> having "develop = ." results in src/zc/ngi/ ending up on the python
> path?

It doesn't. It results, in the case of zc.ngi, in src being on the
Python path.

The develop option takes one or more paths, separated by spaces. :)

Each path should point to a setup script or to a directory containing
one.  Each setup script is run in "develop" mode creating a "develop"
egg which is just a file containing the path to a project's sourc
directory.  This directory is added to the path. Note that the
project's source directory is controlled by the setup script. It need
not be a src subdirectory of a project.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton