[Distutils] how to get pypi-equivalent rendering of long_description?

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Fri Jul 25 00:07:38 CEST 2008

At 10:23 PM 7/24/2008 +0100, Chris Withers wrote:
>Phillip J. Eby wrote:
>>At 08:40 PM 7/24/2008 +0100, Chris Withers wrote:
>>>Hi All,
>>>
>>>I was to check how my long_description will show on pypi before I
>>>upload the egg.
>>>
>>>What's the best way do this?
>>Use "setup.py register", then view the page on PyPI.  Repeat until
>>working.  :)
>
>Wow, is that really the best you can offer? :-(

It's what I use, personally.  In fact, I don't even bother with that
most of the time; I just check the PyPI page after uploading and then
re-run "register" if I don't like it.  :)

Of course, I also use "wikiup" to update my rst-based wiki pages, and
usually at least one of those is being updated from my README so I
already know the reST is valid...