[Distutils] [issue24] Rename easy_install

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Sat Jun 14 03:15:59 CEST 2008

On Jun 13, 2008, at 5:48 PM, Ben Finney wrote:

> zooko <zooko at zooko.com> writes:
>
>> While your reasons are good ones, Armin, it is too late to rename
>> easy_install.
>
> I don't see why. Care to give some reasons of your own?

I said it was "too late", because there are already lots of people
worldwide who know the name "easy_install".  It would be costly to
them to change it -- they'll go looking for the new version of
easy_install someday and won't find it, stuff like that.

On the other hand, if there is a strong desire on the parts of
developers to change it, I won't object.

Regards,

Zooko