[Distutils] [issue24] Rename easy_install

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Sun Jun 15 11:15:29 CEST 2008

On Jun 14, 2008, at 7:16 PM, Ben Finney wrote:

> Greg Ewing <greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz> writes:
>> My objection to the name "easy_install" is that is sounds like a
>> piece of marketing propaganda. If something based on it were to
>> become part of the standard distribution, I would hope that a more
>> neutral name could be found.
> I share this objection.

Now that you mention it, I have heard more than one person snort
derisively about the name "easy_install", and say something to the
effect that it isn't a proper name.  This makes me think that it
causes the "anti-marketing-propaganda" reaction in some folks.

Considering the opinions expressed by others in this thread, I'm
changing my mind and would not object to changing the name.