[Distutils] What is needed by an uninstall command to be useful ?

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Tue Jun 17 11:38:21 CEST 2008

David Cournapeau <david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> writes:

> On unix, people do not install in system location, I hope.

I don't understand what you mean here. How do packages get into the
system location if they're not installed there at some time? What,
specifically, do you hope people don't do?

--
 \              “There is something wonderful in seeing a wrong-headed |
  `\             majority assailed by truth.” —John Kenneth Galbraith, |