[Distutils] setuptools "tests" sprint today

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 11:25:37 CEST 2008

Hi,

Like discussed earlier, some people will work today on adding tests to
setuptools.

The idea is to add human-readable doctests to setuptools a bit like what
zc.buildout has.

I am planning to create one doctest per setuptools feature, and some general
doctest that
demonstrates the usage of the tool. (functional tests but preferrably with
no os.popen/os.system magic)

To synchronize all our work (I doubt we can all get commiter access to
svn.python.org today :D ),
I have created a launchpad project here:
https://launchpad.net/setuptools-test

It is a copy of the current setuptools trunk, you can get it with bzr:

bzr branch lp:~tziade/setuptools-test/main

I suggest we all push changes there then present that work for review to
Phillip,

Let's meet in #distutils today !

Regards
Tarek