[Distutils] problem with setuptools when using subversion 1.5

Augie Fackler lists at durin42.com
Mon Jun 23 16:13:06 CEST 2008

On Jun 21, 2008, at 4:56 AM, robert rottermann wrote:

> Hi there,
> I found two problems using setuptools 0.6c8 in conjunction with
> suversion 1.5
>
> 1. the file setuptools/commands/sdist.py checks for '8' as the start
> of an svn.entires file (line 89). in subversion 1.5 this is '9'.
> 2. it the tries to log a warning, but log is not imported (line 98).
>
> I changed '8' to '9' and all works fine again. seems no further
> changes in the structure of the file have been incoorporated that
> would affect the working of setuptools.

I've read the svn notes on the wc entries file format - nothing
substantial has changed, and that regular expression should continue
to work.
I've even tried this on some checkouts that use the new features in a
version 9 entries file - the patch I've attached to the ticket http://bugs.python.org/issue2770
  fixes the problem. I've been running with that setup for months now.

If desired, I'll even rework the patch so that the missing import gets
fixed.