[Distutils] Two bugs in setuptools-0.6c8-py2.5.egg/setuptools/command/sdist.py (entries_finder)

Pavel Repin prepin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 01:05:05 CEST 2008

Hi,
I noticed the following by running setup.py in a non SVN-1.4 working copy.

   1. When 'entries_finder' gets confused about the svn working copy .svn
   entries, it tries to log an error by doing: log.warn(....). But there's no
   'log' object. See a simple hack that fixes it (the diff attached).
   2. It assumes my working copy format is SVN-1.4. But, I happen to use a
   SVN 1.5 working copy that contains my setup.py.

Does 'entries_finder' simply try to find objects that are under version
control minus the ones that have pending delete status? If so, maybe
invoking 'svn status' in a child process and parsing its output would be
better?

--
Pavel Repin