[Distutils] zc.buildout 1.1?

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 11:21:00 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 10:57 AM, Hanno Schlichting <plone at hannosch.info>
wrote:

> Hi buildout-people,
>
> I have noticed us slacking a bit on the proper release management side of
> buildout as of late. It seems we have chosen to use the 1.0.x releases for
> introducing new features which has led to at least one completely broken
> release already.
>
> How do people feel about declaring the 1.0.x line as stable and maintenance
> only and do new feature work in a 1.1 release instead?
>
> Thanks,
> Hanno

Hey Hanno,

I would be in favor of keeping one line for zc.buildout releases to avoid
people having to deal with release numbers in their buildouts.

People that want the latest features can deal with the trunk ihmo.

I have proposed a while ago to reduce the pace of releases, and to come up
with releases that are robust,
and keep the new feature in the trunk until they are well tested.

What about having a stable release, let's say in three month, and releasing
an alpha one one week before ?

The current release (1.0.6) I have made was to avoid having a broken release
(1.0.5) at pypi head,
and seem robust.

I would really like to see the next one *way* later :D

Regards
Tarek

Tarek Ziadé | Association AfPy | www.afpy.org
Blog FR | http://programmation-python.org