[Distutils] [PyPI] Checking reST compliance of long description

stephen emslie stephenemslie at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 11:58:33 CET 2008

This could be due to a bug in the way that distutils escapes (folds)
whitespace in the long_description field. I have seen that cause
errors when rst2html expects indentation which has been lost in the
escaping process.

For more information see: http://bugs.python.org/issue1923 (meaningful
whitespace can be lost in rfc822_escape). There is also a patch there
which you could apply and see if it solves your problem.

It looks like there may be another issue with the unfolding of this
field: http://bugs.python.org/issue504152.

It would be great to see these bugs addressed.

Stephen Emslie