[Distutils] offline mode for Windows buildout -o or -No doesn't work...any alternatives?

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Mon Mar 10 21:56:35 CET 2008

On Mar 10, 2008, at 4:49 PM, Martin Aspeli wrote:
> I think what's going on is that non-newest mode is trying to download
> things and update things, and offline mode is giving an error.

There error is from zope.configuration. It has nothing to do with
buildout. Non-newest mode will specifically avoid downloading
distributions unless there is an unmet requirement.  No evidence has
been given that this is failing and there are tests of this machinery
that pass on Windows.

> Some packages have gotten upgraded accidentally, including
> plone.app.contentrules, to 3.1 beta 1 versions, so Michael has a
> version
> of Plone that's half 3.0.6 and half 3.1.
>
> The problem with -o downloading things is a buildout issue, though -
> whether a bug or user error, I can't tell.

-o prevents downloads by any recipes that pay attention to it.

I'd be wildly surprised if there was a failure in the -o option.  I
certainly haven't seen any evidence that there is. The only output
that's been given in this thread was from running buildout without the
option.

JIm

--
Jim Fulton