[Distutils] [Python-Dev] How we can get rid of eggs for 2.6 and beyond

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 17:00:18 CET 2008

On Saturday 22 March 2008, Martin v. Löwis wrote:
> > In the case of Fedora rpms, the usual install uses setup.py.
>
> Ok. Does it then also package all files that get installed into
> the RPM file? If it produces multiple RPMs from a single source
> package, how does it know which files go into what RPM?
>
> Regards,
> Martin

Offhand, I can't think of any examples that produce multiple RPMS, but in
general, it doesn't _know_ anything.  What goes in what rpm is either
1) Automated using
  python setup.py install -O1 --root
$RPM_BUILD_ROOT --prefix %{_prefix} --record=%{name}.files

or

2) Manually listing the files that go into a package.