[Distutils] CRLF in zipped packages?

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Wed Mar 26 20:28:35 CET 2008

I pulled processing 0.50 from PyPI today in the form of a zip archive.  I
unzipped it on a Solaris machine using "unzip -a" but it thought all the
files were binary (and zipinfo confirms this), so it didn't convert the CRLF
line terminators to LF.  Is this a side effect of the way the zip archive
was constructed?  I don't see anything conclusive which tells me the zip
archive was built with distutils, but you folks are the packaging experts so
I thought I'd ask here first.  Is there something I can do simpler than a
shell for loop and tr -d '\015' command to get rid of the annoying ^M
characters?

Thanks,

Skip Montanaro