[Distutils] adding commands by just "import my.module"

Hartmut Goebel h.goebel at goebel-consult.de
Fri May 23 19:59:30 CEST 2008

Hi,

I'm currentyl implementing a module to automatically submit releases to
the Origo open software development platform <http://origo.ethz.ch>. So
I'm looking for for adding the new command (origo_submit) to distutils
as simple as possible. So I imaging, the user only does a

from import distutils.core import setup
import origo.submit
setup(...)

How to register my new command to distutils from origo.submit?

(This is already working using setuptools entry_points ={...}, but I'm
looking for some easier way for the user.)

--
Schönen Gruß - Regards
Hartmut Goebel

Goebel Consult
Spezialist für IT-Sicherheit in komplexen Umgebungen
http://www.goebel-consult.de