[Distutils] Expressing a dependancy on ElementTree

Ross Vandegrift ross at kallisti.us
Fri Nov 7 17:04:50 CET 2008

Hello everyone,

I have a library that depends on ElementTree and needs to support both
Python2.4 and Python2.5 style inclusion of the library.

In Python2.4, it's a standalone package and can be fetched by
"elementtree>=1.2".
In Python2.5, it's integrated into the standard library as xml.etree.

If I pass "elementtree>=1.2.6" in install_requires, setuptools
downloads the Python2.4 standalone version of the package under
Python2.5.

Any way I can express a dependency on elementtree if and only if I'm
installing into 2.4?

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross at kallisti.us

"If the fight gets hot, the songs get hotter.  If the going gets tough,
the songs get tougher."
	--Woody Guthrie