[Distutils] [buildout] private eggs and egg repositories

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Sat Nov 15 15:32:48 CET 2008

Jim Fulton wrote:

>> Does find-links take preference over the repository? I thought *all*
>> find-links *and* the repository were checked and the best match used?
>
> find-links are searched before the index

Are all find-links searched, regardless of whether they're in
~/.buildout/default.cfg or a buildout.cfg?
(ie: what happens if both have find-links in them?)

>>> We simply set up an sftp server and point buildout at it using the
>>> buildoutsftp buildout extension and sftp urls, as in:
>>>  extensions = zc.buildoutsftp
>>>  find-links = sftp://private.zope.com/private
>>> This provides restricted access with authentication using ssh keys.
>>
>> Cool. Out of interest, what ftp server do you use for this
>
> The one built in to open ssh.

So I assume the clients just have to be able to have their public key on
the sftp server? Do you use specific keys for sftp or do the clients
just have shell access on the server?

>> and how do you build/upload the eggs to sftp://private.zope.com/private?
>
> We build using the setup sdist command and the scp the result to the
> server.

*nods*

cheers,

Chris