[Distutils] Seems to work except it won't import

Peter Bengtsson peter at fry-it.com
Wed Nov 19 00:27:37 CET 2008

Sorry about the vague subject but I'm not sure how to phrase my problem.
First of all I'm a setuptools beginner and I'm not sure what I'm doing.

I've created a basic package with paster and filled in the blanks. Now
python setup.py test works and runs the two little tests it has.
I might have "pressed one too many buttons" when I ran setup.py which
might be why it doesn't work.

It's available on http://pypi.python.org/pypi/domstripper/

But when I do this:

(my_virtualenv)$ easy_install domstripper
(my_virtualenv)$ ls lib/python2.5/site-packages/
lxml-2.1.3-py2.5-linux-i686.egg
domstripper-0.2dev_r16670-py2.5.egg
setuptools-0.6c8-py2.5.egg
easy-install.pth
setuptools.pth

it installs fine as far as I can see but here's the problem::
 (my_virtualenv) $ python
 >>> import lxml # just to test that something worked
 >>> import domstripper

Grateful for advice.

--
Peter Bengtsson,