[Distutils] [buildout] private eggs and egg repositories

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Wed Nov 19 18:49:36 CET 2008

On Nov 19, 2008, at 11:03 AM, Chris Withers wrote:

> Chris Withers wrote:
>> Also slight annoyance that pycrypto doesn't have a win32 egg :-(
>> How did you get around this?
>
> Well, no answer from Jim or pycrypto's maintainer. I eventually
> found these:

I didn't notice that message.

> http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/modules.shtml#pycrypto
>
> Manually installing first lets zc.buildoutsftp install, however,
> whenever I run buildout:
>
> - I still get the following warning whenever I run buildout:
>
> Download error: unknown url type: sftp -- Some packages may not be
> found!
>
>  Is that expected?

Yes.  It's looking for the latest version of the extension, which it
needs to interpret sftp links. :)

> - pycrypto likes to be pretty verbose:
>
> paramiko.transport: Connected (version 2.0, client OpenSSH_3.9p1)
> paramiko.transport: Authentication (publickey) failed.
> paramiko.transport: Connected (version 2.0, client OpenSSH_3.9p1)
> paramiko.transport: Authentication (publickey) successful!
> paramiko.transport: Secsh channel 1 opened.
> paramiko.transport.sftp: [chan 1] Opened sftp connection (server
> version 3)
>
>  Any way to shut this up?

You can make buildout quieter, which just raises the overall logging
threshold.

It might be interesting to see if the buildoutsftp extension could set
the logging level of the paramiko logger to be different but relative
to the top-level logging level.

> - most seriously, buildout now seems to hang when it's almost done.
> I'm guessing this is the same windows-specific behaviour I mentioned
> before (seems to be to do with spawned processes) although this one
> is onyl escaped from with a Ctrl-C. Anyone else seen this?

No.  But a colleague reports hanging on resource-challenged VMs.
There might be a resource issue affecting you.

One lamosity of buildoutsftp is that it makes a separate ssh
connection for each fetch it does and it doesn't clean them up.  One
of these days, I need to go back and implement a connection pool for it.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation