[Distutils] [buildout] private eggs and egg repositories - my current solution

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Thu Nov 20 09:06:08 CET 2008

Chris Withers wrote:
> I'm getting a growing number of customer-specific and non-open-source
> eggs. I used to just put these in as svn:externals and then add the path
> in as a develop egg, however, I'm not sure this is going to scale.

Well, the solution I'm currently going with actually turned out to be
rather simple:

- upload the eggs into a /eggs folder in the customer's svn repository
   (maybe clunky, but it's the easiest way I have of getting a password
    protected, served over https and mirrored between production and dr
    setuptools-compatible index)

- add the following to the buildouts:

[buildout]
extensions=lovely.buildouthttp
find-links=https://server/svn/eggs/

- put the appropriate entry in ~/.buildout/.httpauth

Hope this helps someone else in the same situation...

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk