[Distutils] bootstrap.py doesn't work offline?

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Thu Nov 20 16:29:42 CET 2008

On Nov 20, 2008, at 7:43 AM, Chris Withers wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Is it just me or does buildout's bootstrap.py not work offline, even
> if the latest versions of buildout and setuptools are available in
> buildout:egg-directory?

It isn't intended to work offline.

If you want to bootstrap a new buildout and have an existing buildout,
you can use the existing buildout's buildout script to bootstrap the
new buildout using the bootstrap command:

    path_to_some_other_buildout/bin/buildout bootstrap

This is what I normally do since it is much faster than running
bootstrap.py.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton