[Distutils] distribute D.C. sprint tasks
ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Sat Oct 11 19:56:27 CEST 2008
Here's the lists of tasks we are going to work on. They are simple.
- PyPI : write a patch to enforce (or display a warning) the source
distribution to be uploaded. so if a binary distribution or a zipped
egg is uploaded
we are sure we provide the source as well.
- Documentation: write a glossary for the distutils/setuptools/Pypi
terminology on python.org wiki
- PyPI mirroring: write a PEP to implement a mirroring protocol, where
mirrors can register at PyPI. Then when a package is uploaded, mirrors
will be ping through RPC
so they know they can eventually get synced.
- setuptools: finish the patch for the multiple index support, with a
CPAN-like mechanism on the client side, with a socket timeout
- distutils: code cleaning: better test coverage, remove logging, etc.
Tarek Ziadé | Association AfPy | www.afpy.org
Blog FR | http://programmation-python.org
Blog EN | http://tarekziade.wordpress.com/
More information about the Distutils-SIG