[Distutils] Potential issue with multiple easy_install instances and single easy_install.pth

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Mon Oct 20 05:35:13 CEST 2008

At 04:44 PM 10/19/2008 -0700, Garrett Cooper (garrcoop) wrote:
> [...]

It's setuptools, not distutils, and the module in question is
setuptools.command.easy_install.

>I forsee using Python's
>version of flock, with possibly the use of a simple semaphore
>like-system.

Note that you can probably also do this in your makefile, or in a
script wrapper around easy_install.  For that matter, you can create
an easy_install subclass that does this, and then register it under a
new command name and script.  See the setuptools manual for more info.