[Distutils] zc.buildout, recipe downloading dev eggs

Justin Ryan justizin at vongogo.net
Sun Oct 26 20:04:40 CET 2008

> On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 11:05 AM, Jim Fulton <jim at zope.com> wrote:

>> No.  buildout doesn't care when develop eggs are created. If you use the buildout develop option to create develop eggs, then they are created early.  If you use the zc.recipe.egg:develop recipe, or some other recipe that creates develop eggs, then you can create them later.
>
> Ah, fantastic, I came to an understanding of this last week or so, but some example usage I found led me to believe it wouldn't work.
>
> Perfect!  Thanks.

OK, I gave this a shot in a simple case, a buildout you can find here:

  http://dev.vongogo.net/bzr/repos/buildouts/getpaid.buildout/

The develop option in getpaid.cfg seems to be ignored entirely, I
don't see any messages like "We have a develop egg", and it fails to
find a distribution for yoma.batching, which is in the develop list,
though it finds others which are available in PyPI.

If I'm working on another false assumption, or parsed something from
you or the documentation wrong, please correct.  I just want to be
able to deploy in this style. :)

Best,

Robert Half - "When one teaches, two learn."