[Distutils] development-egg in current directory

Hartmut Goebel h.goebel at goebel-consult.de
Wed Sep 3 19:26:28 CEST 2008

Hi Phillip,

Phillip J. Eby schrieb:

> So leave off the install-dir and script-dir arguments.  By the way, if

If I leave both of, it tries to install into
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages.

> If your goal is simply to test scripts without affecting anything else,
> the simple thing to do is:
>
>     python setup.py develop -md /some/dir

Thanks! I'll use
   python setup.py develop -md .

which looks good for me.

> you specify an install-dir, the script-dir defaults to that directory,
> so your options are redundant anyway.
> The -m means that /some/dir won't have to be on PYTHONPATH,

I suggest adding this o the Wiki. It is not obvious, that -m means this.
(I would do myself, but I'm not allowed to edit the page.)

Thanks again!

--
Schönen Gruß - Regards
Hartmut Goebel

Goebel Consult
Spezialist für IT-Sicherheit in komplexen Umgebungen
http://www.goebel-consult.de