[Distutils] [issue35] mercurial support

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Thu Sep 4 19:07:29 CEST 2008

At 05:40 PM 9/4/2008 +0200, Sebastien Douche wrote:
>On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 20:00, Paul Egan <setuptools at bugs.python.org> wrote:
> >
> > New submission from Paul Egan <paulegan at mail.com>:
> >
> > Patch to add mercurial support to setuptools:
> > * Extends setuptools.file_findersAdds with hg repository support
> > * Adds tag-hg-revision & filter-hgignore-files options to the
> egg-info command
>
>Hi Paul,
>Thanks for your patch. After some tests, like works great. Here, we
>think seriously to migrate on HG (as many OSS projects).
>
>Philipp, are you open to accepting HG/Bzr/git in Setuptools ?

No, but I'm open to patches that modify the core to accept plugins
for functions that are currently hard-coded to CVS or SVN.

File finding is already possible via plugins, and you can easily find
such plugins by browsing the "setuptools plugins" category on
PyPI.  Revision tag information is the main thing not pluggable at
the moment; patches welcome.

(See also my notes on the above ticket for more info)