[Distutils] Buildout to run setup.py

Yves Moisan yves.moisan at boreal-is.com
Thu Sep 11 22:55:24 CEST 2008

Hi All,

I'm new at buildout and I was wondering if it was possible to emulate a
system command like "python setup.py install" in buildout.  Use Case :

[buildout]
parts =
  MapFishTrunk

[MapFishTrunk]
recipe = infrae.subversion
urls =
  http://www.mapfish.org/svn/mapfish/trunk/MapFish MapFish
interpreter = Scripts\python

There is a setup.py file a couple of levels down the directory that I
would like to execute to build the eggs (and dependencies) and to store
the resulting eggs in a location accessible to Scripts\python (which was
generated using virtualenv).  I can run Scripts/python setup.py install
but I wonder if that can be done within buildout.

TIA,

Yves Moisan