[Distutils] subclassing commands in extensions

chris cdcasey at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 00:01:40 CEST 2008

I've subclassed bdist_egg in my setup.py to add an option,
"--include-docs", 'i'. It works as I expect it to when run from the
command line while it's in the setup.py.

Since I have a few projects that may use this, I thought I may try to
put it in an extension. However, now when I run python setup.py
bdist_egg -i, I get

error: command 'bdist_egg' has no such option 'include_docs'

Is there something extra that needs to be done when putting a
subclassed command in an extension instead of just a setup.py?

Thanks,
-Chris