[Distutils] Setuptools 0.7 release ?

Konstantin Ryabitsev icon at fedoraproject.org
Fri Sep 19 17:27:19 CEST 2008

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 10:46 AM, Tres Seaver <tseaver at palladion.com> wrote:
>>> Ah right... so yes, a 0.6 version would be nice you are right
>
> It's been almost a year since Jim's question on the development process:
>
>  http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.distutils.devel/5434
>
> I think we are well past time to declare 0.6 done (maybe even make *it*
> 1.0, given how widespread the use is), and then work on new features for
> another release.

In fact, if you go 0.6c8 to 1.0 instead of going to 0.6, I know I'll
be happy as the package maintainer in Fedora/EPEL. As far as RPM is
concerned, 0.6 is less than 0.6c8, so I'd have to do creative/gross
things with epoch inflation just to make the package update smoothly
to 0.6 final.

Just a note from the sidelines. :)

Cheers,
--