[Distutils] Setuptools 0.7 release ?

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Fri Sep 19 21:54:08 CEST 2008

On Sep 19, 2008, at 6:30 AM, Tarek Ziadé wrote:

> I am volunteering for help on this package, if you think that is
> wise, I can do releases, tests patches,
> add examples to ticket that don't have it, etc..

Thank you for volunteering!

PJE mentioned that two tickets that I opened, that he fixed, and that
he asked me to test the fixes, are blockers.  I believe that's:

http://bugs.python.org/setuptools/issue23 # SandboxViolation: mkdir('/
Users/zooko/.python-eggs', 511) {}

and

http://bugs.python.org/setuptools/issue16 # permission error in
untarring pyOpenSSL-0.6.tar.gz

I don't know how to reproduce the first one.  To reproduce the second
one, make yourself a source tarball that has g+s bits on directories,
per my msg23.  Note that the current pyOpenSSL-0.6 tarball has been
fixed to not have g+s bits, so you can't just use that.

Thank you!

Regards,

Zooko
---