[Distutils] Setuptools 0.7 release ?

Philip Jenvey pjenvey at underboss.org
Fri Sep 19 22:25:46 CEST 2008

On Sep 19, 2008, at 12:54 PM, zooko wrote:

> PJE mentioned that two tickets that I opened, that he fixed, and
> that he asked me to test the fixes, are blockers.  I believe that's:
>
> http://bugs.python.org/setuptools/issue23 # SandboxViolation:
> mkdir('/Users/zooko/.python-eggs', 511) {}
>
> and
>
> http://bugs.python.org/setuptools/issue16 # permission error in
> untarring pyOpenSSL-0.6.tar.gz
>
> I don't know how to reproduce the first one.  To reproduce the
> second one, make yourself a source tarball that has g+s bits on
> directories, per my msg23.  Note that the current pyOpenSSL-0.6
> tarball has been fixed to not have g+s bits, so you can't just use
> that.

http://bugs.python.org/setuptools/issue27 is also pending as Jython
really needs it going forward. PJE acknowledged this would make the
next release as long as there's tests (which there are). Since he
hasn't applied it yet, other reviewers and testers are welcome.

I also recommend the incredibly simple http://bugs.python.org/setuptools/issue47
  make the next release in preparation for the soon to be released 2.6.

--
Philip Jenvey