[Distutils] [pyconuk] "Python Package Management Sucks"

Floris Bruynooghe floris.bruynooghe at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 00:06:56 CEST 2008

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 10:33:22PM +0200, Nicolas Chauvat wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 11:37:53AM +0100, Chris Withers wrote:
> > - all the package management systems behave differently and expect
> > packages to be set up differently for them
>
> But there is the Linux Standard Base to bind them.

Hmm, I've never read the packaging sections of the LSB (and maybe I
should before making a comment like this), but I've always heard
complaints that it is very RPM-centric and ignores DEBs etc.  So maybe
even the LSB is not quite up to the task of binding them all yet...

Regards
Floris

--
Debian GNU/Linux -- The Power of Freedom