[Distutils] Distutils register command and reStructuredText

James Pye lists at jwp.name
Mon Apr 6 02:41:14 CEST 2009

On Apr 5, 2009, at 5:12 PM, Tarek Ziadé wrote:
> Any opinion on this ?

I'm +0.5 on it as I'm inclined to think that a "./setup.py check" may
be in order for things like this.

Although, wouldn't such a check require a dependency on docutils? Or
would this be a pypi, catalog, feature?

That is, I have been bitten by this, so some feedback from the tool
would be handy..

An alternative may be to explicitly upload a long_description via the
web interface where the user can get a preview prior to publishing it..