[Distutils] Deprecate MANIFEST.in

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 03:11:49 CEST 2009

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 2:49 AM, P.J. Eby <pje at telecommunity.com> wrote:
> At 01:53 AM 4/6/2009 +0200, Tarek Ziadé wrote:

>> > What about documentation files, data files, examples, and tests -- all
>> > of
>> > which might need to be included in an sdist, but would not be "package
>> > data"?
>>
>> that would be data_files, but I am wondering if we should have an explicit
>> one for documentation files.
>
> I mean, *non-installed* documentation, data, examples, and tests -- *none*
> of which would be currently listed in data_files.

Right,
that would require something else, maybe a new one, ignored by the
install command
and using the glob-style pattern.

This means the glob-style pattern will need to have an exclude mechanism
if some non-installed data are inside a directory that is added in package_data
(like the tests directory if it's located in the src directory)