[Distutils] Deprecate MANIFEST.in

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 12:59:07 CEST 2009

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 11:10, Tarek Ziadé <ziade.tarek at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 11:03 AM, Lennart Regebro <regebro at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 10:14, Tarek Ziadé <ziade.tarek at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Ok so, in version 1.2 of your package, you use the implicit way (VCS based)
>>> then you introduce a new file, that forces your to be explicit in 1.3
>>
>> Why?
>>

> because in 1.2 you don't want to add one file that is present in your VCS.

If you mean 1.3, you make sense. OK, so in 1.3 you want to have a file
in the VCS, that should not be included in the distribution. Yes, that
forces you to be explicit. This is true no matter if you use VCS to
figure out the file list or not. In 1.2, you want all files. In 1.3
you want all but one. That will force you to be explicit. The method
to determine the files makes zero difference.

> I am just describing a scenario using your logic.

No, you aren't, sorry. You obviously make some sort of implicit
assumptions I'm not aware of, or you simply misunderstood me.

--
Lennart Regebro: Pythonista, Barista, Notsotrista.
http://regebro.wordpress.com/