[Distutils] Deprecate MANIFEST.in

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 08:19:39 CEST 2009

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 07:41, David Cournapeau
<david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:
> I am not saying that it should not be possible - but that it should be
> built on top of a lower system which we can all agree upon. Then, you
> can use your tool to depend on the VCS to feed this lower system, and I
> can reuse this lower system myself without depending on the VCS thing,
> and everybody is happy ?

"Lower system"? What would that be? This is about if we should support
getting a file list from the VCS or not to determine what files should
go in a sdist. I have a hard time envisioning anything "lower" than
that.

--
Lennart Regebro: Pythonista, Barista, Notsotrista.
http://regebro.wordpress.com/