[Distutils] Distutils changes - end user requirements (Was: Deprecate MANIFEST.in)

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 22:52:20 CEST 2009

2009/4/9 Tres Seaver <tseaver at palladion.com>:
> creating dist
> Warning: Can't read registry to find the necessary compiler setting
> Make sure that Python modules _winreg, win32api or win32con are installed.

This is a warning, so can be ignored.

> error:
> /home/tseaver/projects/Zope-CVS/lib/python2.6/distutils/command/wininst-6.0ux-i686.exe:
> No such file or directory

This is a bug. That "ux-i686" part of the filename looks wrong.

Yes, it's a bug in bdist_wininst, introduced in revision 62197, Mon
Apr 7 01:53:39 2008 UTC.

If I file a bug and it gets fixed, will you build installers for me? :-)

(Seriously, thanks for trying this and locating the bug. I've raised
it as http://bugs.python.org/issue5731).

Paul.