[Distutils] [Catalog-sig] Metadata-Version in PKG-INFO

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 23:49:11 CEST 2009

2009/4/16 "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de>:
>> I don't see it in the list (just LGPL without any version detail), I
>> am ccing this request to catalog-sig so
>> they can add it if they think it's wise
>
> How should this be done? As a separate classifier with the suffix v3,
> or as a subclassifier of LGPL?

Looking at others (Mozilla Public License) I would go for a separate
one with the suffix.

But what about LGPL 2 and 2.1 (It seems that 2.1 is introduces a lot
of changes) ?

Maybe "LGPL2+" would be better for the 2.x series (and maybe 2+ includes v3 ?)

Maybe we could ask someone at the FSF so we have the best versions in
our Trove classifier.

Regards
Tarek

--