[Distutils] setup.py build_ext --rpath behaviour

Floris Bruynooghe floris.bruynooghe at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 17:36:36 CEST 2009

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 12:54:02PM +0200, Tarek Ziadé wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 12:42 PM, Floris Bruynooghe
> <floris.bruynooghe at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Do these improvements sound sensible?  And if so should I create one
> > patch for each (and two bug reports) or combine them into one patch?
>
> They sound reasonable,  please fill two differents bugs with your patches
> and if you can, add some unit tests.

Attached are new tests for the distutils.unixccompiler module, testing
the current behaviour of what I'm about to change (not testing the
entire module!).  Any comments on these tests would be appreciated,
just to make sure I'm not doing it all wrong.

> As long as you provide some support to test the final vesion on the various
> platforms (eg being a beta tester of the distutils trunk),
> I am able to work on your patches, and on the tests.

I should be able to test on some platforms (GNU/Linux-gcc,
Solaris-gcc, AIX-gcc).  Is the ditutils trunk still python 2.x trunk?

Regards
Floris

--
Debian GNU/Linux -- The Power of Freedom