[Distutils] RFC : Version comparison

Trent Mick trentm at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 18:25:02 CEST 2009

> I don't see how it can manage, e.g. a development version of a postrelease, with an SVN rev or date stamp on it.  Such versions might not be found on PyPI or on RPMs, but would be needed in development.

I had thought the use cases for dev- and post- releases *was* to use
an SVN (or other SCC systems') rev or a date stamp, thus meaning there
would be no need for handling "a development version of a
post-release".

Perhaps I'm just not seeing it though, I haven't been involved with a
project that does post-releases. Can someone describe a concrete
example?

Trent

--
Trent Mick