[Distutils] Distribute and zc.buildout + bootstraping file names + release/branches roadmap

Sridhar Ratnakumar SridharR at activestate.com
Tue Aug 4 23:03:51 CEST 2009

On Tue, 04 Aug 2009 13:59:12 -0700, Tarek Ziadé <ziade.tarek at gmail.com>
wrote:

> 2009/8/4 Sridhar Ratnakumar <SridharR at activestate.com>:
>> What if I already have setuptools installed in the Python installation?
> besides the warnings, it should be OK
> You can also install distribute over your setuptools by running
> bootstraping.py
> $ wget http://nightly.ziade.org/bootstraping.py
> $ python bootstraping.py

Methinks for better transition (low switching cost) it would be better do
this (which is currently done only by bootstrapping.py) in bootstrap.py
itself. At least that's what the users expect zc.buildout's bootstrap.py
to do (to wit: install setuptools if not already installed).

-srid

PS: The traceback I earlier reported about to_reload is solved by running
bootstrapping.py prior to running bootstrap.py