[Distutils] Distribute and zc.buildout + bootstraping file names + release/branches roadmap

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Thu Aug 6 17:31:20 CEST 2009

Tarek Ziadé wrote:
> I am pretty sure Jim will not want a simple s/setuptools/distribute/ switch
> but if you can convince him, I am all +1

Why would he not?

"distribute" is simply a relabelling of "setuptools" because PJE is too
stubborn to let anyone else move the project forward.

I see you can release buildout eggs, so if the community backs us, you
could just release the buildout egg that did the trick ;-)

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk