[Distutils] Distribute and zc.buildout + bootstraping file names + release/branches roadmap

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Sat Aug 8 13:34:22 CEST 2009

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 9:46 PM, Tarek Ziadé<ziade.tarek at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'll wait for any other feedback and for Hanno feedback (they are
> sprinting in Bristol/UK)
> and I'll push a release Thirsday or Friday unless some bad feedback occurs.

I had some problems, which were all due to the fact that I had various
"unofficial" setuptools installations all over the place claiming to
be newer setuptools versions, like
http://dist.jarn.com/public/setuptools-0.6c9-1.zip. I just removed all
traces of setuptools from my various site-packages and buildout egg
caches and bootstrapped everything again. After that it worked fine.

I also changed a couple of references of ez_setup with pointers to
bootstrapping in the code. bootstrapping was suggesting to me to
upgrade to a newer version by running ez_setup, which would obviously
be a bad idea ;)

Hanno