[Distutils] Distribute 0.7 development + 0.6 maint.

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 02:36:43 CEST 2009

I've created a branch for the 0.6 maintenance. and the default is now for 0.7.

The plan is to continue the bugfixes for the 0.6.x series there. If
you want to work on this branch,
you need to switch to it like this :

$ hg update -C 0.6-maintenance

(see http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/Branch)

Then you can work with this wiki page here:
Basically, all issues from the setuptools tracker can be mirrored and
fixed on our side, as long as
it's a real bug fix (no API/behavior change)

Patches are welcome !

The plan is to start the refactoring:

- py3k support
- split the code in several distributions
- think about new features / behaviors, we need

Help is welcome !

(of course we need to backport bugfixes from 0.6 to 0.7)

Tarek Ziadé | http://ziade.org