[Distutils] [buildout] zc.recipe.egg interpretters don't support -m

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Sat Aug 15 14:23:14 CEST 2009

On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 7:52 AM, Chris Withers<chris at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
> Gary Poster wrote:
>>
>>> How should whatever generates bin/py be changed to enable -m to work?
>>
>> The script is generated from a template near the bottom of
>> zc.buildout.easy_install.  Change it, to make it part of zc.buildout 1.4.
>
> Yeah, the problem is I don't know what changes to make ;-)
>
> I don't know how to make -m work in that code :-S

There's nothing all that interesting about that code. I think you just
don't know how to make -m work in a custom script.

AFAIK, the standard interpreter command line arguments are implemented
at a low level and aren't meant to be reusable.  To make them work
basically requires reimplementing them.  It would be useful if there
was a module that just had implementations of (most of) the standard
interpreter options.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton